As part of the patient treatment procedure, mandatory samples (blood and urine) and optional samples (cerebrospinal fluid and stools) are taken and sent to the participating Biological Resource Centers (BRCs). The patients correspond to sub-populations of specific interest to research, called nested cohorts.
The samples are then taken and cryopreserved by technicians in the participant BRCs according to standardized procedures (sample form). Furthermore, the collaboration project between Généthon and REFGENSEP BRC also enables the extraction and storage of DNA. The collection of biological samples from multiple centers is thus compiled and the associated data are centralized in a TK® database.
- Sample management manual [v5 - updated 12/03/2018]
- Sample form [v2 - updated 26/02/2018]
- Sample treatment protocol [v5 - updated 22/10/2018]
- Sample coding instruction and labeling [v1 - updated 26/02/2018]
- EDMUS - Samples panel and biological cohorts [Guide FMO v2.1, page 43 - updated 07/07/2016]
- Inclusion criteria of biological cohorts: practical guide (in French) [v3 - updated 08/03/2018]